DOG TRAINER ~ DOG BEHAVIOURIST ~ ONE TO ONE DOG TRAINING ~ PUPPY TRAINING
ONE TO ONE ON-LINE COURSE
At Dog-Talk we use a unique methodology developed over the past 20 years that has successfully supported hundreds of dogs and owners.
We are a family run business with a proven track record.
80% of our work is with owners and their families, providing truly sustainable solutions to help dogs reach their natural potential. Dogs are very structured, disciplined pack animals and due to the techniques we typically use, we have been able to develop the following “one-to-one on-line structured course” to continue our important work with owners and their dogs, despite the current difficulties and restrictions.
This two-session on-line course is designed to take advantage of enforced time at home for the whole family.
The package includes:
An initial two-hour on-line home consultation which covers the following:
• An introduction to the key aspects of the Dog-Talk methodology
• An assessment of the current behaviour and inherent personal make-up of your dog
• Coaching around the following all important Dog-Talk daily Home Structures:
o Structured walking
o Structured feeding
o Personal space*
o Structured play
* The ‘pressure cooker’ effect of the current restrictions makes PERSONAL SPACE a particularly important structure. It is no surprise that children are more commonly bitten than adults since a dog will usually only resort to biting because of a breakdown in communication. A child understands less about how to read the body language and cues that a dog makes, this is why it is vitally important to always supervise when dogs and children are together and learn to respect each other’s space.
• A written report for your reference summarising consultation analysis and planned way forward.
A second two-hour on-line session which covers the following:
• Comprehensive update of family progress on the new daily Home Structures from Stage 1.
• Introduction to the key aspects of Dog-Talk Outside Structures built around the power of the pack. This includes coaching in important techniques around Socialising, Recall and the Emergency Stop.
Momentum, consistency and continuity are important aspects of our work which is why telephone, messaging, self-assessment sheets and email support are available throughout the on-line course. This helps provide two-way communication on progress of both client and dog on the implementation of the Dog-Talk structures.
The bottom line is, if you are not providing your dog with clear, consistent structures at home, your ability to keep them safe outside becomes a lottery on each walk.
This course is ideal for laying firm foundations for a more balanced relationship with your dog whether it be a puppy (3 to 9 months of age), an adolescent (9 months to 3 years of age), a new rescue dog (to get things started as you get to know each other) or an older dog needing more serious rehabilitation work from us when social isolating rules permit .
Once the coronavirus restrictions are lifted, you and your dog/puppy will be in a stronger position to face the outside world.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR DOG THE WAY NATURE INTENDED BY LEARNING WHEN TO LOVE AND WHEN TO LEAD
CALL KIM 07788 918 412
DOG TRAINER ~ DOG BEHAVIOURIST ~ ONE TO ONE DOG TRAINING ~ PUPPY TRAINING ~ DOG TALK ~ AKELA